Project | Life Phoenix - Life Phoenix
The LIFE PHOENIX Project
The LIFE PHOENIX project (co-funded by the European Union through the LIFE Programme) proposes an innovative and multidisciplinary approach to the management of environmental contamination, concurrently involving the institutional bodies and the scientific research community in decision-making processes.
In its action, the LIFE PHOENIX Project is inspired by the following guiding principles:
- Preventing in an effective and timely manner the risks associated with the spread of emerging contaminants in the environment.
- Ensuring systematically the safety of a drinking water system, the quality of the water supplied and the protection of consumer health.
- Promoting at all levels a sustainable and aware use of water, in line with the European objective of water resources preservation.
The European Union co-financing rate from LIFE Programme is 60% of the total eligible project costs. The remaining 40% is related to the working time of the personnel involved and is covered by the project beneficiaries. A budget of 2.176.493,00 euro has been planned for the implementation of the LIFE PHOENIX Project (2.107.283,00 euro are the eligible costs), with a contribution of the European Union equal to 1.264.369,00 euro. The overall duration of the project is from September 2017 to March 2021.